WIFI Full Form – What is The Full Forms of WIFI Means
|WIFI FULL FORM||Wireless Fidelity|
Wi-Fi is a mechanism that allows electronic devices to exchange data wirelessly over a computer network. “Wi-Fi” is a trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance and the brand name for products using the IEEE 802.11 family of standards.
The term Wi-Fi suggests Wireless Fidelity, resembling the long-established audio-equipment classification term High Fidelity (Hi-Fi).
Table of Contents
WiFi is a wireless network protocol that establishes a data transfer or Internet connection between different electronic devices without a physical wire connection.
wifi, which we also call wi-fi, is a local area connection.
WIFI also Spelled as Wi-Fi is a local area wireless technology. It allows an electronic device to transfer data or connect to the internet using ISM radio bands. It is an underlying technology of wireless local area network (WLAN). Wi-Fi allows computers and other devices to communicate over a wireless network.
Wi-Fi network components are based on the one of the 802.11 standards developed by the IEEE and adopted by Wi-Fi alliance. It provides a standard way to connect with wireless network. Wi-Fi is the trademark of the Wi-Fi alliance and used as a brand name for products using the IEEE 802.11 standards.
Wi-Fi can be used on several types of devices like personal computers, video game console, smart phones, digital camera, tablet computers etc. You can use Wi-Fi to create a hotspot within the range of 20 meters (66 feet). It is less secure than wired connection because the intruder does not need the physical connection to use the Wi-Fi.
History of Wifi Full Form
In 1997, the Australian Radio Astronomer Dr John O Sullivan with his fellow Engineers Terence Percival, Graham Daniel
discovered the WIFI and connects to the internet successfully.
Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) protocol 802.11 was formed by them and IEEE 802 was constructed.
Wi-Fi is based on IEEE 802.11 specifications. This is a list of Wi-Fi standards in chronological order
A wireless accessing point 802.11b or 802.11g provides range of 120 ft indoor and 300 feet outdoor access of internet through computers, laptops, smart phones etc.
Use of Wifi Full Form
Using WiFi we can create a local area network, which we can connect different devices and transfer data.
Can also use internet service with the help of a router.
- for DATA transfer between electronic devices
- for Internet connection
Today WiFi has made our life and internet access more convenient.
We can use the internet anywhere in our home or office on our mobile and personal devices, without the hassle of wire connection.
Today’s new and advanced routers remember connected devices, and the device automatically connects as soon as that device comes back into the Wi-Fi range.
Range of WIFI-
As you know wifi is a local area network connection, so its range is limited to a limited area.
The wifi range can be up to 120 meters in indoor and 300 meters in open space.
The range of WiFi also depends on the capacity and type of the router.
Devices can connect to wifi
Today we hardly have any electronic device which is not connected to WiFi, whether it is our mobile, laptop, computer, smart TV, AC, fridge, home security devices,
Be its smartwatch, music system, lighting, even our car is connected to WiFi today and provides us with many modern facilities.
In today’s time, if an electronic device is not connected to WiFi, it is considered outdated and useless.
Facts about WI-FI
1. Most Internet users who have a broadband connection connect all their devices through WiFi, such as mobiles, laptops, and smart TVs.
2. Fastest WiFi internet in the world is available in South Korea, where people easily get WiFi internet speed of more than 100 Mbps.
3. Free WiFi is provided by the government or internet provider at many public places where you can avail the internet for free with good speed.
4. Today OTT platforms are becoming increasingly popular among people all over the world and the availability of WiFi is also a big reason behind their popularity.
5. Indian Railways and Google together have provided free Wi-Fi facility at more than 5500 railway stations in India.
6. Initially, when people started using WiFi, it was not named WiFi, instead, people used the words Wave Lane, Dragon Fly, Flank Speed etc.
7. Many people today proudly state that their home is a smart home, and WiFi has a huge role in making their home a smart home, no house can become smart without WiFi connectivity.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Ques. What is the full form of WiFi (Wi-Fi)?
Ans. The full form of WiFi is Wireless Fidelity
Ques. What is the full form of WiFi in Computing?
Ans. Wireless Fidelity
Ques. What is the full form of WiFi in Worldwide?
Ans. Wireless Fidelity